Day 103 -- Wonder Pets Conversations

If you have not been subject to the Wonder Pets, what I am about to post will probably make no sense at all.

The Wonder Pets are a group of three classroom animals that save other baby animals who are in some kind of trouble, always requiring some form of teamwork and problem-solving.  My kids are bonkers for this show.  Of course they have the theme song memorized, we have spent many an evening creating a "fly boat" (the vehicle the pets use to get outside of the classroom to the aforementioned ailing creature), and we have all three Wonder Pet Beanie-Babies.  The Wonder Pets save everything from a pigeon to a unicorn.  One of my favorite episodes (I can't even believe that I'm saying this) is when the Wonder Pets save the Beatles, who are beetles trapped in a yellow submarine under the ocean's surface. 

One thing that is actually pretty great about the Wonder Pets is that the whole episode is laced with singing dialogue, much like an opera.  The Pets don't so much talk to each other as they sing to each other.  Each episode is recorded with a 15-20 piece orchestra performing an original score, which is delightful. 

Today, as I was talking to Dharia, I realized that she was singing to me; asking me questions and telling me things through song, just like the Wonder Pets.  I started singing back my answers, and we went back and forth for an entire conversation.  It was hilarious, and also very cute.

I am so thankful that my kids enjoy this silly show and that they appear to have some music appreciation in their little heads. 

Thank God for a Wonder Pets Conversation!

Lord, thank you for my cool kids and the neat things that they do.  Thank you for how the Wonder Pets are instilling some appreciation for music.  Thanks for allowing me to communicate with them in another way.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Ange said…
Hey Al- I think the phone...the phone is ringing! Great post! While Ming Ming is quite annoying, I like the show for the same reasons! Backyardigans too!
Suzanne Gibbs said…
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAdorable!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!