Day 108 -- Completely Appropriate Prayer

"Set me free, O God,
From my empire-prison
of human self-importance.
Help me to serve you and your creation
with energy, intelligence, imagination, and love."

I read this in a book today and desperately needed to hear it. I was feeling a little trapped in my own little world.  I was feeling a little down, a little sorry for myself.

If this could be truly be the prayer of my heart, what a difference it would make in my life! 

It did today.

Thank God for a completely appropriate prayer!

Lord, thank you for leading me to this prayer and for the difference it made in my day.  Please help me to adopt this prayer as the desire of my heart.  I want to serve you with energy, intelligence, imagination, and love.  Show me how.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

April. said…
I love that! Earth gospel by any chance? :)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!