Day 109 -- Tea Party in the Tubby

This morning I managed to get AJ and Dharia in the tub at the same time.  I have been noticing how much Dharia enjoys pouring water from one thing to another in the bathtub, so I brought in her tea set from her bedroom.  When I was a little girl I had a tea set at my grandmommy's (maternal grandmother's) house that I always played with in the tub when I visited overnight.  I remember having so much fun with the dainty cups and saucers, engaging in imaginary conversations with the guests at my tea party until my fingers were ridged with pink wrinkles.  Dharia was no different.  She loved filling up the tea pot and pouring the bath water into her tea cups, stirring the hot tea with her elegant plastic teaspoons.  She even gave AJ a cup and poured her baby sister some "tea" too.  It was like a tiny, naked tea part in the bath tub.  I loved every minute I had watching my girls have fun with each other and their tea set.

Thank God for a tea party in the tubby!

God, thank you for giving me girls who I can watch enjoy the same things I did as a little girl.  Thank you for the special moment we shared today.  Thank you for my daughter's imagination that warms my heart.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!