Day 110 -- Sunday Dinner with the Fam

Today we did something super-conventional: We went to church and afterwards we had dinner with our family.  Weird, I know.  But we definitely found it delightful.

We visited my brother and his wife at First Church of the Nazarene in Jackson and then followed them home, where they had lunch ready for us.  We ate, lounged around, and enjoyed each other's company immensely.  It was a nice surprise to be able to have my dad join us as well.  Even though he had been in Florida all week, he drove up from Terre Haute to spend some time with us at the tail end of our spring break.

To top off the afternoon, we all went to get ice cream.  The kids got baby-size vanilla and chocolates in a cup.  It was so cool because this particular ice cream place puts eyes and a nose on the kids-sized ice creams.  They loved it.  It was hilarious to watch Breslin carefully eat his chocolate (not an easy feat on an 80 degree day in Michigan) and then see Dharia immediately chomp off one of the eye balls on her vanilla.  The flavor of the week was Bubble Gum, which took me back to my childhood days when my dad would stop at Loud's on the way home from Sunday night services.  Sometimes they would have Bubble Gum flavor as well, except for it was hard ice cream, made right there in the Loud's factory.  It even had little pieces of real gum in it.  So, I was a little disappointed that there weren't any real pieces of gum in my ice cream today, but I got over it pretty quickly as I destroyed my soft-serve cone. 

Oh wait, it gets even better, I almost forgot!  When we got home every one but Colby TOOK A NAP.  The heat helped to facilitate our ice cream comas.  It. was. awesome.

Thank God for Sunday dinner with the fam!

Lord, thank you for giving me an excellent day with my family.  Thank you for the beautiful weather and the chance to be outside and enjoy it.  Thank you for good food and for rest.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!