Day 112 -- Bandanas

Today, I am thankful for bandanas.  I have about 50 in a drawer in my upstairs hallway in all patterns and colors. For many years, they have been a staple of my hair regimen.  They are a solution to every bad hair day, a way of keeping hair out of my face when I work out, and a critical part of my housecleaning experience (something that was passed on from my mother).  In a strange way, just putting one on can make me feel better about life in general.  I truly believe in some sort of twisted way that they are a defining part of me. 

Thank God for bandanas!

Lord, thank you for such a simple thing that brings joy and comfort to my life.  Thank you for what they represent to me, for the memories they bring to mind, and the way they help me to feel like me.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Esther Byler said…
You wear them so well. i have always wished that I could wear them like you do. I used to wear them as an Amish person, but in a slightly different way than you. My head just isn't shaped right. Its great on you.
Megan said…
If I could "like" Esther's post I would. So to that I say I agree with Esther, you do wear them so well and I too wish I could wear them like you! 'Tis true I have felt this way for a long time :)
Barb said…
You do rock a bandana girl! I smile every time I see you wear one!!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!