Day 121 -- Lee

Lee came in to my second hour class today, which is my team-taught chemistry class.  This means that the students in the room need some extra resources, so the class generally moves at a slower pace and there is another teacher in the room with me.   Lee and I exchanged the usual teacher-student pleasantries as he came in.  I always enjoy seeing Lee, because he works really hard, takes pride in his work, and has a good attitude.  We pick on each other a little back and forth too, but it's all in good fun.  As class began, I noticed him about to rip into a bag of fruit snacks.  I don't allow my general chemistry students to have food in my room, so as class began, I naturally gave him a hard time about it, saying that I would be happy to take care of the fruit snacks by eating them for him if he needed me to...after all, I was starving.

As the bell rang and he stood to leave, he said, "By the way, there's a surprise on your desk."  He disappeared out the door, and on my desk were the fruit snacks with a note that said, "For you. :) "

It made my day.

Thank God for Lee!

Lord, thank you for putting students like Lee into my life that work hard and are a pleasure to be around.  Thank you for his kindness today and for the lift you provided to my spirit through him.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!