Day 127 -- Encouragers

I got a pretty vicious email from a parent during school today regarding a simple misunderstanding her student and I had yesterday.  I know that I am far from perfect, so I had no problem with humbling myself and calling this parent to apologize, but the whole conversation left me feeling low about myself as both a person and as a teacher. Historically, I have a hard time letting these sorts of situations go.  I wish desperately that I had thicker skin, but I just don't. 

I am so grateful that God knows my heart and knew that I would need encouragement in light of what happened.  On three separate occasions after receiving this email, He sent a person into my path to lift my spirits through a kind word of reassurance.  I won't say that it made everything completely better--I haven't stopped thinking about it nor have I fully relinquished my feelings of inadequacy--but I do have a healthier perspective from people that I trust and respect. 

Thank God for these encouragers!

Lord, thank you for knowing me so well and for helping to soften the blow I got today through strategically placed encouragers.  I am so grateful that you understand and expect my weaknesses and failures but love me all the same.  Thanks for never writing me nasty emails even though I often deserve them.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Suzanne Gibbs said…
I LOVE you. You are WONDERFUL!!!!!
Sara said…
That's my least favorite part about teaching! Don't forget that you are an awesome teacher.

Popular posts from this blog

Prayers Appreciated

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Day 866 -- Not Too Bad