Day 127 -- Encouragers

I got a pretty vicious email from a parent during school today regarding a simple misunderstanding her student and I had yesterday.  I know that I am far from perfect, so I had no problem with humbling myself and calling this parent to apologize, but the whole conversation left me feeling low about myself as both a person and as a teacher. Historically, I have a hard time letting these sorts of situations go.  I wish desperately that I had thicker skin, but I just don't. 

I am so grateful that God knows my heart and knew that I would need encouragement in light of what happened.  On three separate occasions after receiving this email, He sent a person into my path to lift my spirits through a kind word of reassurance.  I won't say that it made everything completely better--I haven't stopped thinking about it nor have I fully relinquished my feelings of inadequacy--but I do have a healthier perspective from people that I trust and respect. 

Thank God for these encouragers!

Lord, thank you for knowing me so well and for helping to soften the blow I got today through strategically placed encouragers.  I am so grateful that you understand and expect my weaknesses and failures but love me all the same.  Thanks for never writing me nasty emails even though I often deserve them.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Suzanne Gibbs said…
I LOVE you. You are WONDERFUL!!!!!
Sara said…
That's my least favorite part about teaching! Don't forget that you are an awesome teacher.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!