Day 132 -- Apple Snaps

  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 1 package strawberry jello
  • 1 and 3/4 cups chilled applesauce
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Prepare the jello according to package directions.  Instead of cold water, add the applesauce and cinnamon.  Refrigerate.  Soft sets in 30 minutes.

Apple snaps remind me of being 5 years old, sitting at the dining room table.  My mom would make apple snaps and pour them into fancy glasses, which she would whisk out from the kitchen and set in front of us with a spoon.  I would let out a whoop when I realized that they were on the menu for dessert.

They are easy to make, delicious, and healthy.  I made a batch today and was grateful for this family tradition that I can pass on to my kids too.

Thank God for apple snaps!

Lord, thank you for this healthy snack that reminds me of being a kid.  Thanks for the loving hands who showed me how to make them and for the opportunity they provide to pass on traditions in my own little family.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Barb said…
Yummy! Makes me want to make some.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!