Day 138 -- Being a Mom

Duh!  It's Mother's Day!  What could I be more thankful for than being a mom? 

Sure there are moments where I want to jam a sharp implement through my eyeball or just curl up in the fetal position and cry myself to sleep.  Mostly, though, it's entertainment and emotion and laughter all rolled up into one goldfish-cracker, sticky peanut butter and syrup-covered package.

I remember having to live through a Mother's Day after our miscarriage with my heart aching so badly to be a mom that I literally felt it re-breaking into a million pieces. I was sure it would never go together the right way again.  I know that there are people out there who long to be parents, but can't or just aren't yet and I feel for them.  I know how that feels.  So tonight, I will say a prayer for them and thank my lucky stars and my heavenly Father who created them that I have my three amazing children. 

I am a mom!  Thank God!

Lord, thank you for giving me children to raise.  Please help me to do it in a way that makes you happy.  Thank you for the joy they give me daily and for what they are teaching me.  Thanks for a day to celebrate moms in general and the role you gave them.  Thank you for MY mom and the way she taught me to be a mom too.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!