Day 139 -- A Sunny Start

When I made the right turn onto Erie Rd. this morning headed east, I was caught off guard by the blinding sun in my eyes.  As I drove further down the road, I found that I needed my sunglasses to fight the glare of the sunshine, even at a mere 6:40 in the morning.

So many of the mornings I drive to school are shrouded in complete darkness.  In the deep of winter, it is alarmingly black when we leave for school.  As the school year progresses the mornings begin to get teasingly lighter until you get a day like today, where we experienced sunshine from the very start of our journey.  It was a wonderful way to start the week, and another pleasant reminder that the end of the school year is right around the corner.

Thank God for a sunny start!

Lord, thank you for being my hope in the morning.  Thank you for the sunshine you provided to us on our way to school and for the way it opened up the week.  Help me to use this energy to finish the school year strong and steady, in a way that is pleasing to you.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!