Day 146 -- Operation Lilac

Uh-oh!  You'd better guard your lilac bushes!
I love lilacs so much that I feel the need to put lots of o's in love to get my point across:

I looooooooooooooooooove lilacs.

There are few things in life thatmake me more giddy than those couple of weeks when the lilacs bloom.  I'm obsessed with them.  I'm ashamed to say that most of the time while I've been driving lately I'm simultaneously keeping my eyes peeled for unsupervised lilacs.  I have a tendency to park on the side of the road and raid unattended, unsuspecting lilac bushes.  I will stealthily nab a handful or more of the fragrant, purple blossoms and then hop back in the car before anyone who could rightfully claim ownership yells at me.  Just so you don't get the wrong idea, it's not like I'm blatantly trespassing...usually these bushes are on the side of the road somewhere that no one would even notice they were there let alone that a few flowers were missing, but it does give me a small thrill.  It's fun and also kind of pathetic.

No matter what you call it, I have multiple vases chock full of beautiful, smelly flowers in my house.  Every time I walk by and the scent wafts in my direction, I smile.  I am so thankful for lilacs in my house.

Thank God for Operation Lilac!

Lord, thank you for the beauty of your creation and the joy that it brings me.  Thank you for spring and for lilacs.  Thank you for the way they smell and for the way they make me feel.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

MikeandJen said…
1) we have some in our yard if you'd like some. 2) you should go to the lilac festival on mackinac island one year! it's normally the first part of june. i really want to go sometime
april. said…
You're cute. I love you!
Megan said…
My husband does the same thing!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!