Day 147 -- My New Garmin

My dad got me the greatest triathlon training tool I have ever owned for my birthday.  It is a Garmin GPS unit.  I wear it like a watch and it keeps track of my speed, distance, average pace, calories burned, and lots of other statistics that I'm sure I don't even know about yet whenever I run or go for a bike ride.  One of the really cool things about it is that it connects up to my computer and creates a map of my workout.  I love getting home and seeing where I went, how long it took, and what the elevation changes were (dang, that hill was big!).  I'm thankful because it really helps me to see how my training is progressing.  It's a very valuable tool that I never would have gotten for myself, so I am beyond grateful that my dad was so thoughtful as to give it to me as a present.

Today I had a 1 hour bike ride and a 30 minute run to complete.  Here's just a sample of what my Garmin told me:





Thank God for my new Garmin!

Lord, thank you for this cool new tool and the way it is motivating me in my training.  Thank you for my dad, who was so kind and thoughtful to give it to me.  Please give me the strength to continue on in my training with the aide of this neat technology.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

These Garmins look SO cool! I'd LOVE one. Now, I've just got to convince Russ to work it into the budget. :) (Maybe for Christmas)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!