Day 148 -- Walking!

Guess who truly walked today?  And I'm not talking about one little shuffle step and falling down, here.  I mean at least 8 steps from one side of the room to the other.

My little baby AJ is walking!

The combination of excitement and exertion must have worn her out, however, because she went to bed before 7 tonight.

I am thankful for these milestones and for the chance to witness my children progress from one stage to another. It's always a bittersweet moment because it simultaneously reminds me how fast the time goes and how lucky we are to have healthy children who are growing normally.

I feel so blessed to have been a part of AJ's first walking experience.  Even after seeing the first two kids go through the process, it was still really exciting.  Furthermore, it seems like I haven't been able to spend a whole lot of time with AJ lately, so I feel fortunate that I didn't miss it completely.  Someday I'll be able to tell her all about watching her weave unsteadily from across the room into my arms with a giant silly grin on her face.

Thank God for walking!

Lord, thank you for milestones and for the chance to watch my children grow.  Thank you for AJ and for her new found ability she discovered today.  I feel so blessed to have been a part of it.  Thank you for my girl.  Please allow her to sleep soundly tonight so that I have the chance to spend some quality time with her tomorrow.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Way to rock it AJ! You go girl. :)

So much fun, what a big girl

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!