Day 150 -- First Lawn Mowing of the Season

Today, we managed to scrape some time together to get the lawn mowed.  Oh man, was it bad.  As I began, I got this weird feeling.  It was kind of like that feeling you get when when you start cleaning after you let your house get really dirty or when you start to begin working out after a long hiatus and realize how out of shape you are.  On the one hand, it feels really good to be taking care of it.  On the other hand, you're sort of disgusted with yourself for letting it get to this point in the first place.

Anyway, mowing the lawn is one of my favorite things to do.  Today was a bit frustrating because a brush hog would probably have been more appropriate for the work I was doing than my little push mower.  It kept bogging down every couple of yards or so, which made for a very long process.  But, I love to be outside in the sun, smelling the fresh cut grass, and I love how my lawn looks when the whole thing is complete.  So, here's to the first lawn mowing of the season, to the end of the jungle in the back yard, and to one more milestone marking the arrival of summer.

Thank God for the first lawn mowing of the season!

Lord, thank you for giving us a chance to get the lawn taken care of today.  Thank you for allowing me to enjoy this task so much.  Thank you for our property and the opportunity to take care of it in this manner.  In your name I pray, Amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!