Day 161 -- Bedroom A/C

Today was a rough day.  I am so not a hot weather person, so two days in a row in the 90s is a strain on me both mentally and physically. To make matters worse, I had a crummy day at school and I have been feeling sick the last few days.

I'm really not trying to whine, here, honest.  I just want to set the scene for my thankful moment today.

I came home right after school.  I had planned on working out, which I skipped, and taking in some clothes to the consignment store, which I also skipped.  I felt terrible and just needed to get home.  When I stumbled in the door, my sweet husband ushered me up to the bedroom, where he had installed a window air conditioning unit.  He had turned it on as soon as he heard I was coming home and didn't feel well.

I laid down in the cool room and got some much-needed rest.  I still don't feel 100% and I didn't work out today, but being able to take a nap was a step in the right direction, for sure.

Thank God for bedroom A/C!

Lord, thank you for my husband and his willingness to install and run a window air conditioning unit in our bedroom so that I could rest today.  Thank you for the comfort and coolness it brought on this hot day.  Please help to heal my body so that I can be back to myself soon.  Thank you, Lord, for watching out for me today and for all the blessings you give, big and small.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Barb said…
Feel better Sweetie!!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!