Day 152 -- Jogging Stroller

Today I headed out in the beautiful sunshine for my bike training of the day, which was to be followed at some point by a short, easy run.  When I returned from my biking adventure (I say this because my route seemed to me a parade of hills to climb more than anything else), I was soaked with sweat and ready to relax.  The kids were all up and awake and I desperately wanted to spend some time with them, but nagging at the back of my mind was the run that I still needed to get in.  My training did not specify that it needed to be directly after the bike, but I kind of just wanted to get it over with before it got too much hotter.  After a super-long week of training, I was definitely annoyed at this last, short afterthought of a workout.  As if I hadn't done enough already!  Was this really necessary?

To solve this problem, I took AJ and scooped her into the jogging stroller while Colby took Breslin and Dharia with him to return our recyclables.  I went for my short run and had a great time pushing AJ around town while listening to her make cute little babbling noises to herself.  When I got home, she was out cold.   I got to put her down for her morning nap, take a shower, and relax for the rest of the day.  For some odd reason, having AJ with me on my run made it much more enjoyable for me.

I have so many great memories with our jogging stroller.  A dear friend gave it to me as a gift shortly after Breslin was born.  That first summer, I ran and walked with him in it constantly.  When Colby and I trained for our first half-marathon together, he would head out for the first leg of a long run alone, then return to the house where I would join him with the jogging stroller.  We would finish his second leg together, then I would leave the jogging stroller with him at home while I finished my workout.  It suffices to say that we have put a ton of miles on that thing, and today gave me one more reason to be thankful that I have it.

Thank God for the jogging stroller!

Lord, thank you for the jogging stroller and for the way it made an unpleasant task more enjoyable today.  Thank you for the special person who was kind enough to give it to me.  Please help me to take advantage of it more often during the course of my training this summer, while AJ is still small enough for me to push while running!  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!