Day 157 -- A Day Without Students

There was no school today.  The students had a four day weekend in honor of Memorial Day weekend, but us teachers had to go in today for some end-of-the-year professional development.  At first, I was skeptical.  I couldn't imagine anything good coming from all-day meetings the day before a long weekend.  But, last night, it was nice to go to bed knowing that today would be low key from the get go.  Getting up and around was much more relaxed then normal, and I was much calmer mentally on the drive to school knowing that I would not be teaching classes. 

Some days at school feel like 8 hour-long performances, where I run myself ragged pretending to always be in a good mood.  Today, it was so refreshing to not be on the spot. 

Thank God for a day without students!

Lord, thank you for my students.  Thank you for the chance to get some work accomplished at school without them there today.  Thank you for the comparatively relaxing morning and the chance to not feel the usual pressure I feel while at work for one day.  It was a nice break.  Please help me to enjoy this nice, long weekend and use it to finish the school year strong.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!