Day 159 -- Can't Decide

Today I'm thankful that there are so many things I am thankful for that it is impossible to pick just one.

There are a lot of days where I wonder what in the world I am going to write about.  I even stockpile certain things I think of for said days, just so that if I have a really, really dry day I will still have something to write about.

Not today.

So, here's a list in bullet form, because it has proved impossible to choose only one thing to be thankful for today:
  • I was super productive today.  Colby and I were like a tag-team whirlwind through the house.  We cleaned the porch from top to bottom.  Later in the day we went to Menard's and got some new rugs, some cool lights, and a new cushion for our chair.  It's made a HUGE difference and I can now fully enjoy sitting out here without cringing.  I mowed the lawn.  He vacuumed and did the laundry.  He cleaned the garage.  I went through all of the kids' toys and purged.  It was wonderful.
  • It's our dear friends April and Brian's anniversary.  I am so happy for them to be celebrating seven years of marriage.  They headed out of town to spend some time together I am grateful that they had the chance to do so.  I am beyond thankful for the blessing their friendship has been to our lives.
  • Colby and I went out tonight.  Sure, it was to Menard's, but out is out, right?  My fabulous mother and father-in-law were more than willing to watch the kids for us while we picked up some things and had dinner at Rudy's Drive-In in Michigan Center.  There's nothing like a frosty cold root beer at a drive-in restaurant for me.  I had fried mushrooms and chili dogs too, so it was pure bliss for me in total.
  • I had the DAY OFF from triathlon training today.  It's been 8 long, hard days in a row without a break.  I needed it.
  • I got to mow the lawn.  That's always fun for me.
  • I got to eat cinnamon ice cream today.  It tasted like red hots.  Amazing!
  • There is a mama duck who made a nest on the side of our house! There are 4 little duck eggs in there and she's been sitting on them all day.  I can't wait to see little baby ducklings waddling around our house!
  • I am sitting on my clean porch with a new, soft rug under my feet with a cold beer and a hot guy next to me.  I'm listening to the rush of the river outside and the twang of country music coming from my radio.  It's a nice mix.
See why it was hard to pick just one? 

Thank God that I can't decide!

Lord, thank you for blessing me so richly today that I wasn't able to decide on just one thing to write about.  Thank you for an amazing day with the people I love.  Thank you for the energy to be productive around the house and for the chance to enjoy our efforts tonight.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim Stuart said…
what an awesome day! love you and miss you!
april. said…
thanks my friend. I love you!!! Glad your day rocked! Mine did too!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!