Day 175 -- Jeff

Jeff teaches chemistry with me at Western.  We each take on roughly half of the chemistry classes offered to the junior class, so we work pretty closely together, making sure we are consistent in our content and in our assessments.  The past couple of days at "Curriculum Camp" we have been spending all day together planning our attack for a new grading strategy we plan to implement in the fall.  Today, as we were working, I thought about how lucky I was to have such a cool person to interact with on a daily basis.

Jeff is funny, smart, and supportive.  He never gets frustrated with my indecisiveness or in my frequent attempts to try crazy new things in class.  He is easy-going and flexible, which I so appreciate, and is always able to make me laugh, even when I don't fee like it.  We work so well as a team together, dividing up work and collaborating to be the most effective teachers we can be. 

Jeff's three kids are pretty much exactly the same age as ours and attend the same day care.  It's really cool that our kids are buddies and that we can commiserate about our home lives and seek perspective from each other in parenting concerns.  He's a colleague, but he's really become a dear friend and someone I feel so fortunate to be able to work with.  As I'm sure all of you reading this out there can relate, the people you work with have the ability to dictate the overall atmosphere of your work environment.  An annoying or negative co-worker can make your hours at work miserable.  Today I am grateful for my co-worker who makes school a better place to be.

Thank God for Jeff!

Lord, thank you for my friend and colleague.  Thank you for all of the ways in which he improves my experience at school.  Help me to be a blessing to him as well.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!