Day 200 -- "Who loves _________?"

On the way home from Grandma and Grandpa Sharp's house tonight, we played a game for the entire 8.4 miles home.  Colby began:

Colby: Who loves grandma?

Dharia, Breslin, Alaina: Me!

Colby: Who loves grandpa?

Dharia, Breslin, Alaina: Me!

Colby: Who loves Uncle Cole?

Dharia, Breslin, Alaina: Me!

Colby: Who loves Uncle Cal?

Dharia, Breslin, Alaina: Me!

After the first minute or so of this, Dharia Lou took the reins of the game and it got a little more interesting.

Dharia: Who loves daddy?

Breslin, Alaina: Me!

Dharia: Who loves caterpillars?

Breslin, Alaina: Me!

Dharia: Who loves underpants?

Breslin, Alaina: Me!

Dharia: Who loves triangles?

Breslin, Alaina: Me!

To be thorough and accurate in my reporting, I must confess that I was not able to love everything that Dharia suggested, like lady bugs.  Man, I freaking hate those things.  Nor was I able to understand half of her questions, so I may have falsely professed my love to all sorts of things.  But, the game was good for lots of laughs with my family all squished together in the Saturn Ion.  And, it felt great to hear so many people yell "ME!" when Dharia asked who loved mommy.  Of course, it was not quite as enthusiastic as the response to "Who loves pizza?", but who can compete with that, really?

Thank God for our new game, "Who loves ________________?"

Lord, thank you for my kids and their creative minds.  Thank you for the fun we had with a new game on the way home tonight and for the obvious love we share for each other it demonstrated.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!