Day 201 -- Week 14 = Done

Today marks the end of week 14 of my half-Ironman training program.  Not coincidentally, today I am thankful that week 14 is over.  It was the longest and most intense week of the training.  It was also one of the hottest weeks of the year, which, for those of you know me at all, does not agree with my system.  I am NOT a hot weather person.  When it gets very warm, my body does not respond well.  So between the heat and the tough workouts, my body is hurting.  There were:

  •  long bike rides (this morning I had ridden to Eaton Rapids and back before 9 am), 
  • long runs (being attacked by dogs not chained up and honked at by people who were mad at me for running on the same road they were driving on), 
  • and long swims (about half-way through one, I discovered that I there was a LEECH ON MY FOOT, and the water was too deep for me to do anything about it for nearly 10 minutes...I want to puke just thinking about it).  


But, I guess that's what a half-Ironman is, right?  It takes a lot of swimming, biking, and running, so I am grateful that I was able to do all of the workouts assigned and proud that I survived.  I realize that August 14th is going to require long hours and possibly hot conditions, so I am thankful that my training has prepared me for this.  I am also extremely thankful that the end of week 14 marks the beginning of week 15, a recovery week.

Thank God that week 14 is done!

Lord, thank you for helping me to get through another week of training.  Thank you for helping me to push through the long hours despite the heat.  I am grateful that you have given me the physical ability to do these things.  Please help me to not take this for granted throughout the rest of my training and on race day.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
Oh man the leech makes me gag, too. Glad you made it through a tough week and survived. Love you and am proud of you!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!