Day 202 -- #B90Days

So, I took a big leap tonight and joined the 90-Day Challenge to read the Bible in 90 Days.  It's a little scary, like signing up for a big triathlon or taking a new job.  Okay, so maybe it's not that scary, but it's the sort of decision that you know you really wanted to make, but are scared to death that you won't be able to actually follow through with it.

I am so thankful for this program.  I am a program person.  I don't really do things unless they are a part of a specific, detailed plan.  My workouts are better as a part of a training program and I don't lose weight unless I'm on Weight Watchers.  That's just how it is.  The 90-Day Challenge is exactly the kind of thing that I need to make good on a commitment to do something that will be very good for me, namely, getting back into my daily Bible reading.  I'm excited to see what God will reveal to me throughout these 90 days!

Another reason I am thankful is that this program has forced me to become more Twitter-literate.  In order to check in and be accountable for my reading tonight, I had to tweet my confirmation.  This included learning how to follow a specific person as well as understanding and using a hashtag, in this case #B90Days.  It wasn't that hard -- I'm disproportionately proud of my ability to do this.

Thank God for #B90Days!

Lord, please give me the strength and perseverance to continue and complete the 90-Day Challenge.  Thank you in advance for the way in which it will bring us closer together.  Please open my mind and my heart to the things you have to say to me during this time.  Thank you for this program and for the dedicated people who are a part of it.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

april. said…
Proud of you AGAIN! You astound me!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!