Day 207 -- "Mama"

Today was a rough day.  I have been sick all day.  I took a giant nap in the middle of the day, during which my husband was gracious enough to brave all three kids by himself.  When I woke up, my little Dharia was laying down for a nap, but she saw an ant on her ceiling, so she was sobbing beyond consolation in her little bed when I walked into her room.  She had tears streaming down her hot, red face, and all she could get out was "Mama...Mama."

I sat with her a while, but she couldn't really calm herself down, so I cuddled into her toddler bed with her.  As soon as I did, she grabbed my neck with hand and pulled me in so that we were nose to nose with both of her arms around my neck.  She just kept saying "Mama...Mama." as I stroked her hair and held her close.  After about 100 "Mama"'s, the poor thing just fell asleep.  It was nice for me to feel so needed and so loved.

Thank God for "Mama"!

Lord, thank you for a sweet moment with my daughter today.  Help me to cherish these moments, as they won't happen for too much longer.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!