Day 208 -- Clark Lake Tri

Today was the Clark Lake Triathlon, by far the largest (person-wise) triathlon that I have competed in so far this year.

It is also the only triathlon that I have done before.

Today, I felt great, despite the heat and despite being sick all day yesterday.  So that's definitely one thing that I am thankful for.  I was able to just enjoy the race and finish with a smile.

In years previous, I had never even placed in my age group, but today, I won it!  I was the fourth female to cross the finish line in the whole race!  I was so surprised, just because the competition here has always been so intimidating to me.  Today I really got a sense for where my training has taken me over the past 16 weeks.  I am so thankful that the hard work I have put in has paid off.

Thank God for the Clark Lake Tri!

Lord, thank you for a great race today and for all of the wonderful organizers and volunteers who helped to make it happen.  Thank you for helping me to feel strong and finish the race well.  Thank you for giving me a boost of confidence through my placement as well.  I am so grateful for the courage and strength you have provided through these 16 weeks, and for the fact that you have kept me healthy and injury-free through it all.  It is only through you that I am able to do any of this.  May it be all for your glory.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

april. said…
I'm so stinkin proud of you! Did you ever know that you're my hero?
Jim said…
and you beat Cate Neidlinger which I think is fun!

Love you!
Heather said…
You are truly a super mom! A woman who is able to take care of the kids and spend enough time training to place in a huge triathalon?! God has certainly blessed you with a gift, Alaina. May the glory always and only go to Him.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!