Day 213 -- Alma Mancino's


You might be thinking, "What's so great about a trip to Mancino's?"

Or, "What's so great about Alma?" for that matter.

Well, the Alma Mancino's is where I ate lunch today.  When it comes to good food, I am always thankful.     But the fact that it was the Mancino's in the city of Alma, Michigan, makes it extra special.

I visited this restaurant more times that you would even believe during my 4 years at Alma College.  Random weeknights when we didn't feel like visiting the cafeteria necessitated a Mancino's run.  Bad days student teaching resulted in dinner at Mancino's (and there were a lot of those).  When my grandparents came down to visit from Clare and take me out to dinner, we went to Mancino's.  Most notably (and frequently), though,  it was where my family and I always ate lunch/dinner after my home soccer games.  Walking into the bathroom today was like a time warp.  I must have changed out of my sweaty, gross soccer uniform into clean clothes a hundred times in that bathroom.

Colby and I ordered what we always did after games: Fred Bread (it's like cheesy garlic bread) and cheese pizza.  We had a great time reminiscing about my time at Alma and eating a delicious lunch.

Thank God for the Alma Mancino's!

Dear Lord, thank you for a chance to visit Alma today.  Thank you for the chance to eat at a great restaurant that brought back so many good memories.  Thank you for blessing my time at Alma and thank you for giving Colby and I a safe trip home today.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yay for Alma Mancinos! :)
Jim said…
We had mancinos yesterday too! Fred Bread and Pepperoni Pizza for us (in Big Rapids). Fun memories - love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!