Day 214 -- Grandpa Stuart's 80th

My grandpa didn't turn 80 today.  That's not until Wednesday, technically.  But, he did have a great big birthday bash out at Stuart's Olde Oak Acres (my grandparents' log cabin that they built on a piece of riverside property).  So, we loaded up the van and headed out to Leonidas, Michigan, where the Stuart Clan met up to celebrate the big day.  The kids ran themselves ragged swimming in the Nottawassippi River and digging in the sand that my grandpa had hauled in specially for them.  I felt blessed to spend the day amongst some of the people who love me the most in the world.

My grandpa is a pretty amazing guy.  He's loving and patient and generous.  He has a great sense of humor too and is a captivating storyteller.  And today, at the age of nearly-80, I was so grateful to observe that he looks to be in great health and spirits.  He had a smile on his face the whole time we were there.  I was so thankful to be able to give him a great big hug today, tell him that I loved him, and join my whole family in singing to him a hearty "Happy Birthday".

Thank God for Grandpa Stuart's 80th!

Lord, thank you for my grandpa, for the strong example he has set for me and for the impact he has had on my life. Thank you for the opportunity to be with my family today at his party.  I pray that you would continue to bless his health and spirits and he continues to serve you through the way that he lives his life daily.  In your name I pray, Amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!