Day 217 -- A Cool Night

I think I have said this before, but I am definitely not a hot weather person.  If it wasn't for the fact that I am a teacher, I think summer would be my least favorite season (bring on the snow!).  This being the case, the last couple of weeks have not been easy for me, especially considering our house and our van are not equipped with air conditioning.  As mentioned in a previous post, my darling husband did install a window unit in our bedroom and that has made a giant difference in my ability to sleep at night.  When we were in the UP last week and the daytime temperatures just barely peaked over 80, I was in heaven.  I wanted to move.  I think when I am older I will be the opposite of most retired people.  They will go to Florida during the winter and come home to Michigan in the summer.  I will stay in Michigan in the winter and go up north for the summer.  Or Canada, maybe.

But tonight, the low is 57!  I am so grateful for this night time temperature that will allow cool air to move through my house, which is still suffering the effects of last week.  I am thankful that it means a workout tomorrow will be immeasurably more comfortable than they have been, and that I can turn the oven on to make whatever meal I want to without sweating (too much -- I am still me, after all). And tonight I am looking forward to a nearly-chilly breeze billowing my curtains as it comes into my bedroom while I sleep. 

Thank God for a cool night!

Lord, thank you for cooling things down this evening.  Help me to enjoy it fully before the hot weather returns.  Please help me not to be negative about the weather, as this season means I get to spend time with my family, above all.  In your name I pray, Amen.

On a separate, but related note:

Did you know that research shows that most human bodies have a negative physiological and psychological response to increases in temperature?  In fact, the number of violent crimes increases as the temperature increases in almost all cities in the United States.  I know that I would be more likely to hurt someone when the weather was hot.  I get grouchy!  Look out!

Comments

Suzanne Gibbs said…
Yeah, like I am SO scared of you right now!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!