Day 219 -- Snuggly Breslin

I don't know what's been up with Breslin lately, but he has been extra snuggly.

He's been coming up to me at random points during the day and saying things like, "I need a hug," and giving a big squeeze.

But this phenomenon is not exclusive to Colby and I.

Tonight,  Evan and Laura, Stan and Suzanne, and April and Brian all came over for dinner.  At one point in the evening, while we were sitting out on the back porch just chatting, he went around the circle and gave everyone a hug.  It wasn't one of those quick, forced hugs that little kids give just because their parents tell them to either.  It was a spontaneous and sincere, lingering hug with a squeeze at the end.

I was so grateful that my sweet boy showed such affection to these people that I love.  I am thankful to be from a family and of a family who shows love unapologetically through physical touch.  It makes me happy to know that Breslin feels love through the many hugs and kisses we give him and that he's not shy to pass that love on to others in the same way.

And, having a four year-old son who actually wants to give you hug after hug isn't exactly a bad deal, either.

Thank God for snuggly Breslin!

Lord, thank you for my son.  Thank you for his sweet, sensitive nature.  Thank you that he gives and receives love through physcial touch.  Thank you for the joy he brought to all of us tonight with his joyful hugs.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!