Day 221 -- Three Years Ago

Tonight, I am so happy that three years ago today, Dharia Lou came into the world.  She is my sunshine and my free spirit who can always make me laugh.  I feel so lucky that God chose me to be her mom.

I am grateful that she got to celebrate her birthday by sleeping for 16 hours last night. 

I am thankful that she was able to visit one of her favorite places in the entire world today -- The Binder Park Zoo.

I feel blessed that her daddy made her a funfetti cake with frosting and sprinkles.

And I love that her grandparents bought her this Power Wheels Jeep and gave it to her tonight when we came over.  Watching her and Breslin drive it around gave me a glimpse of what they might be like in 13 or so years out on the road.  Breslin was so careful, driving slow and steering diligently.  Dharia obviously has no desire to steer or keep her eyes on the road whatsoever.

It was a little scary.  But, more importantly, it was a good day for my Lou Lou.

Thank God for three years ago!

Lord, thank you for three years with my daughter.  Thank you for the fun day she had today.  Thank you for all of the people who love her so much and were willing to celebrate with her over the past several days.  I feel so blessed to be this little girl's mom.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
What a GREAT video! You're right it really shows their personalities...

We are so thankful for three years ago, too. Dharia is one amazing and special girl. Love you!
Kristin said…
So stinkin adorable! I want to see side by side video of Lou Lou driving vs. Breslin driving.
Melissa Metzger said…
The Metzgers are so excited she likes her present-Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!