Day 222 -- Tigers Game on the First Base Side

The Tigers played today at Comerica Park in a very interesting game full of drama and excitement.  There were home runs, player ejections, and a near no-hitter for Justin Verlander.  The game came down to the last inning, where the Tigers pulled out the win over Anaheim 3-2. 

And, we were there!  Our very dear friends, April and Brian, took Colby and I to the game for his birthday.  We had an amazing time together.   We went out to lunch, caught the game, went shopping for Tigers merchandise, and shared great conversation throughout the day.

In addition to being thankful for the chance to hang out with three of my all time favorite people and see a great game, I am so thankful that our seats were on the first base side of the upper-deck of Comerica Park.  The seats were good for seeing all of the action, sure.  But perhaps more importantly for me, after the 4th inning they were also completely in the shade!  This made the game much more enjoyable for me, as the temperature at game time was 92.  April and Brian claim that this thought never even entered their brains as they purchased tickets, things just worked out this way.  This lead me to wonder, "Does God know me, or what?"

All in all, it was a fantastic day that I will remember always.  And not because I was hot and miserable and sweaty the whole time, but because it was fun and exciting and wonderful. 

Thank God for a Tigers game on the first base side!

Lord, thank you for a really fun day with really good friends.  Thank you for April and Brian and the blessing their friendship is to Colby and I.  Thank you for an entertaining game today and for helping us to keep cool in shaded seats.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

april. said…
YEAH TIGERS! Thanks for such a fun day!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!