Day 229 -- Mr. Roberts Leftovers

I got a chance to see my old college roommate and very dear friend today, J Roberts.  I was "helping" her and her family cater an event.  I don't think I was as much help as I was in the way, unless you count eating leftovers helpful.  Her dad is the chef extraordinaire.  Ever since we met, her dad -- Mr. Roberts -- has amazed me with his skill in the kitchen.  My freshman year I was introduced to his world-famous brownies.  As time went on, I experienced his talent with all kinds of dishes as he hosted team dinners.  After we graduated, I would come out to see J at her parents' house in Trenton where I would be bombarded with delicious food and then urged to take some home with me.  Today was not a whole lot different.  Mr. Roberts made chicken, mostaccioli, and vegetables and sent me home from the event with caterer's-size tray of leftover mostaccioli (Colby had some within 30 minutes of my return).

As I smelled the delicious aromas of Mr. Roberts leftovers all the way home, I thought how lucky I was to know such a remarkable and generous family.

Thank God for Mr. Roberts leftovers (in my refrigerator)!

Lord, thank you for the Roberts family and for the blessing they have been to my life throughout the years.  Thank you for the friendship of J and for the generosity of her parents and extended family.  Lord, thank you for the chance to be with them today, despite the sad circumstances.  Thank you for how they take care of me and love me.  Thank you for Mr. Roberts's skill in the kitchen and for his willingness to share that talent with others (like me).  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!