Day 236 -- Finisher!

I finished the Half-Ironman today!

I could bore you with the specifics, but I am mentally and physically exhausted.  I had a fever last night (not the best time to be running a temperature) and I think my body is still dealing with that on top of the effects of the triathlon.

With that being said, I'll have to save the narrative for another time because this girl is turning in for the night!

But, I am so grateful that I finished and finished safely.  I am so thankful for the loving and supportive people who came all the way to St. Joseph on their Sunday to cheer me on.  Thank you mom, April, Brian, and Colby!  I love you!  You have no idea how much it meant to me to have you there.

Thank God that I am a Half-Ironman Finisher!

Lord, thank you for being with me today in so many ways.  Thank you for this accomplishment.  Thank you for helping me to finish.  Thank you for placing amazing people in my life who encourage me to live my dreams.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Kristin said…
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of that hard work paid off. Love you! So glad you finished well.
Jim said…
Way to go Alaina! You are amazing! Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!