Day 237 -- These Kids are Nuts

Our kids were nuts tonight.

I don't know what it was.  Whether they were loopy from a full day at daycare,  they were hyper from seeing us after being gone for 2 days, or it is going to be a full moon soon, I'm not sure.  But they were bouncing off the walls from the minute we picked them up from Aunt April and Uncle Brian's house, who so lovingly offered to watch them overnight for us so that we could stay over in South Haven and recuperate after the triathlon.  It's much easier to recuperate sans children, especially considering the way they were radiating energy tonight.

Here's just one small example of which I was able to catch on tape:

I believe Colby's exact words were, "Well, let's put them to bed before one of them dies."

We did just that.

But, later on, when it was quiet and the house slowly settled back down into a more relaxed state, I couldn't help but smile at their infectious enthusiasm.  Their zest for life and passion for whatever they are currently undertaking must be admired.  I am so thankful that my kids ooze energy, that they are full of life, that they are eager to learn what their bodies are capable of and what the world around them is like.  It spreads to Colby and I, and we find ourselves buoyed up by their vivacity.  When given the choice, I would take my crazies over a group of quiet,well-behaved little creatures without my children's natural inclination towards curiosity or spontaneity any day.

Thank God these kids are nuts!

Lord, thank you for my kids, who are full of life.  Thank you that they show passion, curiosity, and innovation.  I am so grateful that you have them a sense of wonder for the world around them.  It spreads to those of us who get to be around them.  Thank you for giving us the energy and patience to handle all of this energy.  Give us the grace to appreciate it when it gets hard.  Please continue to keep them safe in their adventures.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
AJ is dang cute. Reminds me of someone but i can't put my finger on it...

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!