Day 239 -- Sesame Street

We have seen a lot of fits thrown in our days as parents, no doubt about that.  But, AJ threw one of an unprecedented variety this evening. 

Those of you who are not parents yet out there, let me enlighten you with something:

Sometimes, TV is the answer.

For us, turning on a TV show is kind of like a non-disciplinary time out.  It gives both the fit-thrower and parent a chance to settle down.  When your child is arching his or her back and screaming at that particular decibel and pitch that makes you want to claw your own eardrums out of your head to makes it stop, this can be a pretty safe and effective alternative to some things that may come to mind.

As both Breslin and Dharia were out of the house on this occasion, I had my pick of TV shows with which to soothe my daughter.  I chose Sesame Street.  As soon as we both heard the familiar melody and the words, "Sunny day..." we were both significantly more calm.  Not only that, but I got to sit with a happy baby while she watched a quality, time-tested show with the same character I loved as a little girl.

AJ enjoying Sesame Street tonight.  Pretty sweet set-up, right?  Maybe I should throw a fit too.
Thank God for Sesame Street!

Lord, thank you for that Sesame Street made AJ more calm tonight.  Thank you for this awesome show that brings back fond memories.  Please help me to grow in patience as my children grow older.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
She is precious and sure looks like you!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!