Day 241 -- Campfire

Tonight Colby made me a campfire outside in our back yard after the kids were all in bed.  We sat in the swing, had a glass of wine, made some s'mores, and enjoyed the quiet peacefulness of the river.  I was so grateful for some time together to have a conversation that was not disjointed by toddler interruptions.  Furthermore, in the firelight, I couldn't notice the chipped, peeling paint, or the toys strewn 'round the yard, so I could just relax, enjoy his company, and not be thwarted by a mental to-do list being created in my head. 

Thank God for a campfire!

Lord, thank you for a slice of time tonight to ourselves.  Thank you for the break from the hectic pace of life.  Thank you for the beauty of our property and the chance to enjoy it.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!