Day 246 -- Cookie Tree

I made chocolate chip cookies tonight for no reason, because when it comes to chocolate chip cookies, you never need a reason.

As the cookies were coming out of the oven, Bres told me that he wanted a cookie tree in our back yard.

"A cookie tree?" I asked. "What's a cookie tree? And how do we get one?"

To my amazement, he told me without prompting, beginning with planting a chocolate chip in a pot of soil. It was so funny that we had to get it on tape, so this is the second telling:

How could I not be thankful for that?



On a separate, but related note, I wanted to show you the aftermath of the cookie-eating. A comparison study, if you will.  Just observe the state of the counter in both pictures, if nothing else:


Thank God for a cookie tree!

Lord, thank you for my kids. Thank you for how different they are. Thank you that the kitchen won't be trashed every time we eat forever and help me to remember that and to cherish these fleeting times. Thank you for my son's creative mind. Thank you that he loves to tell stories. Thank you that he likes my cookies enough to desire an entire tree-full.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!