Day 247 -- Responders

Today was our first cross-country meet at the Barney Roy Invitational in Marshall, Michigan.  It is one that I will remember for the rest of my life.

One of our female runners collapsed at the 2.5 mile mark during the race and was unresponsive for over 4 minutes.  It was one of the scariest moments I have ever lived through.

I could feel God's hand on us during the whole situation, however, as two of the spectating parents from another team who just happened to be standing right there were registered nurses.  Furthermore, once our parents caught wind of what had happened, they rushed over to help, including one who is a physician.  Other parents called the girl's mom, arranged to take care of her stuff, and even rode with her to the hospital until her mom could get there.

After a few short, scary minutes, she was alert and responsive thanks in no small part to the good hands God placed her in . I felt so blessed that He arranged those people so close by to help this young lady and to keep her safe until the ambulance arrived.

Thank God for these responders!

Lord, thank you for watching over our team today.  Thank you for showing that you are in control even in these scary situations.  Thank you that H is safe and healthy tonight.  I pray that you would continue to heal her body and for the doctors to figure out what caused this to happen.  I am so grateful for your presence in our midst this afternoon.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Kristin said…
Oh my word! So scary.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!