Day 248 -- VW Bugs


Tonight, Colby and I ventured into downtown Jackson, "one of the best kept secrets in Michigan", according to the city's own website for one of the Friday Night Cruise Ins.  I guess that title was catchier than "one of the armpits of society", but that's what I would suggest.

But, seriously, I guess I can't really say that Jackson is the pits.  They do try hard to bring fun things in like the Cruise Nights, and we have the Civil War Muster and the Cascades Falls and the Michigan Theatre to make up for things like the huge prison and the Jackson County Fair.

So, I gotta give some props to Jackson.  It has come a long way and there are some very positive things happening. 

The Cruise In was cooler than I expected too.  I have never been to one.  There were Elephant Ears, so naturally we had to have one of those. I have to say that this one was even better than the one I had at the fair this year. Score!

Colby and I enjoyed picking out vehicles that obviously didn't belong.  Why would you want to park your 97 Cutlass next to a 78 Corvette?  I would think that would just be embarrassing.

YES
1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
NO
I mean, we might as well have just brought our van in and set it up.  At least we wouldn't have had to walk so far to get to the show.  But, I'm thinking that is kind of defeating the purpose of the whole Cruise In.

The highlight of the night for me was definitely seeing the 3 beautiful VW Beetles that were proudly displayed unassumingly amongst the souped up muscle cars and hot rods.  It brought back memories of my own VW that I drove from the age of 16-18, a 1970 Baja model -- bright sunshine yellow, of course.

Much like this one...sigh.
It was awesome to see these neat cars so spiffy and looking like a million bucks.  It gave me a little lift too to remember my love and passion for these cars and to dream of someday owning another one.

The only problem would be deciding which one to get...

Thank God for VW bugs!

Lord, thank you for something to get excited about.  Thank you for these cool cars and for the chance to see them tonight.  Thank you for the good memories that seeing them brought back for me.  Thank you for a fun night all around at a surprisingly fun event.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!