Day 250 -- Chatterbox

I got back from a three hour bike ride this morning with a sore butt, missing my family.

To add insult to injury, this workout was supposed to be a brick.  That is, a bike followed immediately by a run to simulate the transition during a triathlon.

The run wasn't long, but I just didn't feel like doing it.  I wanted to hang out with my kids and husband; kick back and drink some coffee on the porch and watch the children play.

I decided that to make it a little more manageable, I would take Dharia Lou with me in the jogging stroller for the run.  You'd think that pushing a 30 pounder in a jogging stroller after riding a bike for three hours would make a run harder, not easier, but you'd be wrong.  Here's a sample of what Dharia entertained me with as I pushed her through the streets of Albion:

"Mommy, what's your favorite color?  Mine is purple.  Some ice cream is purple.  Mommy, do you see that kitty cat?  It's black. Do you love it?  When are we going to grandma's?  Will we take the blue car?  I love you mommy.  I love going for runs.  I run fast.  How are you feeling, mommy?  Do you want some of my apple?"

This was non-stop action.  Luckily, I didn't have to answer most of these questions because they ran together as a stream of consciousness.  It was good to listen to her happy little jabbering.  It made my run seem as if it was over in no time.  I had a 3 hour and 20 minute work out this morning, but the last 20 minutes were by far the best part.

Thank God for my little chatterbox!

Lord, thank you for my daughter and for the way she helped to make my workout so much better this morning.  Thank you for her inquisitive mind and her generous, loving heart.  Thank you for helping me get through another tough training session and to show me your blessings as a part of them.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!