Day 251 -- Miraculous Key Discovery

This may be one of the most ridiculous posts that I write throughout this entire experience.  But, I was so genuinely thankful for this today that I couldn't just ignore it.

I am notorious for losing things, especially my iPod, my phone, and my keys.  Today, it was my keys. 

Our new building principal surprised us today during our meetings by telling us to meet her in front of the building at 11:30 am.  There we were greeted by a big yellow bus which took us to a unexpected lunch at Gene Davis and Sons, where we ate a deliciously fancy meal.  Or, should I say delicious and fancy?  It was definitely both.  Oh well.  Moving on...

When we were riding the bus back to Western, I realized that my dad-blumed keys were at the restaurant still, which posed a huge problem.  Literally every key that I need was a part of that set: car, classroom, home.  And there was the smallish issue of how I would get clear across Jackson to the restaurant.  Sure, someone from school could take me on their way home, but how would I make it back to school (20 miles or so) where my car was?  Colby was in Battle Creek with the only other key to the car, and as he was just as occupied with pre-school professional development as I was, he wasn't going to be able to help me out at all either.

I was stressed.

I got the help of another teacher so at least I could work on some school stuff while I figured out how in the crap I was going to pick up the kids from daycare.  At this point, I wasn't even too worried about the fact that I was supposed to take them to Battle Creek to meet Colby for dinner and take Dharia to gymnastics.  I just wanted to get home.

I wasn't being very productive, stewing in my own frustration, admonishing myself for being such an idiot, when a teacher poked his head in and said, "Sue (our principal) has your keys and is bringing them back with her.  She'll be here in a few minutes."

HALLELUJAH!

That blessed girl found my keys as she was cleaning up (after she had treated us to this nice meal and had run our entire staff meeting for the afternoon).  Because of her thoughtfulness and thoroughness, I didn't have to panic any more.  Because of her attention to detail, my day was spared the potential disaster it could have easily become.

Thank God for miraculous key discovery!

Lord, thank you for always watching out for me, even when I am a moron.  Thank you for putting people into my life that take care of me.  I feel so blessed by the way you helped me to avert catastrophe today.  I didn't deserve that, but I am thankful nonetheless.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!