Day 256 -- Those Outfits

Today, I had the unhappy task of taking inventory of my children's fall and winter clothes situation.  I wanted to know, specifically, what they were going to need and what they were all set with for the upcoming (hopefully) chillier months.

In the middle of my frantic sorting by size and season, my kids decided to sneakily rearrange piles and steal clothes.  It was a team effort, for sure, and I was outnumbered three to one.  I was more than just a little irritated when they began their little escapades, but when I saw the outfits they were putting themselves into, I couldn't help but smile.


At what age does in stop being cute to have your belly hanging out from the bottom of your tank top? When do you stop being able to get away with a puffy vest, panties, and Crocs?

I guess the answer is that you never should try any of these outfits outside of the privacy of your own home.  It was so fun to see what they picked out for themselves today.  It was a nice opportunity to laugh and enjoy my children in the middle of an unpleasant task.  You know, they always seem to know just what to do to make me smile.  Come to think of it, if I am going to strive for honesty here, they sometimes seem to know just what to do to make me smile.  The other times they know just what to do to make me crazy.  It's all an adventure, though.  Today, they were cracking me up after driving me crazy, so I guess it all worked out in the end.

Thank God for those outfits!

Lord, thank you for the ridiculous outfits that my kids picked out today because it made me smile while I was doing something that didn't make me feel like smiling at all.  Thank you for blessing me in small and unexpected ways.  Thank you for my kids, who are crazy and fun and weird and sweet all wrapped up in three cute little packages.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Suzanne Gibbs said…
Yep! Gotta love those outfits!! Breslin's got a haircut, too!!! I miss you SO much! xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!