Day 258 -- Summer of '11

Whoever said, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened," makes me want to punch them in the face a little bit.

Tonight is the night I have been dreading since June 10th.  I knew it would be here.  I knew I would feel like this, which is so the opposite of smiling because it happened.  It's more like wanting to throw myself onto the floor, bang my fists against the ground and say a few choice four letter words.

But, even though I don't necessarily feel like it, I am choosing to smile because it happened, to be thankful that it happened, to see how unbelievably blessed I am to be in a job that gives me summers -- among other things.

Summer is over, but it was a great summer.  And it would be selfish and unfair to be anything less than incredibly grateful for it.

Thank God for the summer of '11!

Lord, thank you for the summer.  Thank you for the way I know my kids so much better now than when it started.  Thank you for all the fun we had as a family and for the rest and relaxation it provided.  Please give me strength for tomorrow.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Good luck on your first day back! You'll rock it like you always do. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!