Day 263 -- Breakfast with Coach W

I am the assistant cross-country coach at Western High School under a long-time legend who started the program over thirty years ago and has been at the helm ever since.  He was also my coach when I was in high school, so we have a special bond between us.  After three years together, we work pretty well as a team, I think.  This morning, he picked me up in his Jaguar to go to our meet at Harper Creek High School in Battle Creek, Michigan.  Before we got too far, however, he had decided that we were going to stop for a quick breakfast at Roma's Cafe in Marshall.  It was one of those cute little mom and pop breakfast places.  We each had eggs, hash browns, and toast.  We split a giant cinnamon roll that was amazing.  It was really nice just to talk outside of a practice or meet.  I really enjoyed it.  It was a great way to start the day.

Thank God for breakfast with Coach W!

Lord, thank you for a delicious and fun breakfast with coach this morning.  I am so thankful for this wonderfully talented coach that I can learn from, and for this lovely man that I get to spend time with while coaching.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!