Day 268 -- Pete the Cat

Colby, being a 4th grade teacher obsessed with children's literature, introduced us to Pete the Cat the other day.  We read the book, listened to the song, and watched a video of the author reading the book AND singing the song.



So, today when we got home, I couldn't BELIEVE it when Breslin told us the story, nearly verbatim.  Complete with dancing and singing:



I LOVE my son.

Thank God for Pete the Cat!

Keep walking along and singing your song.  Because it's all good.

Lord, thank you for Pete the Cat.  Thank you for my son, who is smart and funny and knows how to make me laugh.  Thank you for stories to remind us what life is all about.  In your name I pray, Amen.

On another note, Pete the Cat also rocks in his school shoes, a snappy little number that was stuck in my head all day and with which Breslin sang heartily to me when I picked him up from daycare today.

Comments

Jim said…
Wow that's really COOL. He is rocking the song. Love you guys and miss you. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this stuff!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!