Day 272 -- A Welcoming Home

I try really hard to stay positive in this blog.  Some days are easier than others.  Today will not be easy. 

Today was hard.  I feel stretched in a zillion gabillion directions.  I'm playing a lot of roles and not feeling like I'm doing a good job in any of them.  And today was long.  When I combine leaving the house at 6:20 am for school, having cross-country practice until 5 pm, and then rushing the kids to Battle Creek for gymnastics at 6 pm, and then have a overwhelming amount of school work to do to be ready for tomorrow still hanging over my head at 7:30 when I finally walk into my house again...well, let's just say that I feel a little like I got run over by one of those trucks I was stuck behind on 94 tonight.

Are you playing your violin yet?

I'm fine.  I can do this, by God's grace and with His strength, right?  Phillipians 4:13, for Pete's sake!

Oy vay. (sp?)

Here we go.  After all that crap I mentioned above, I pulled down my cute little street tonight, which I love.  It is quiet and peaceful.  As a dead end street, we get very little vehicle traffic, and the lane is so narrow that you can't help but drive slowly down it.  As my house came into view, my front stoop appeared, cutely decorated in the pumpkins and mums Dharia helped me arrange yesterday after our trip to the pumpkin patch.  My house looked so nice and welcoming, I couldn't help but smile.

Our house as seen from the street, complete with our festive fall decorations
I felt so lucky to be at my home, a place that I love for its character, the memories it holds, and the family it shelters.

Thank God for a welcoming home!

Lord, thank you for the way my house looked so welcoming tonight!  Thank you for the pretty fall decorations and for the way my daughter helped me to arrange them on our front porch so that they would be the first thing we saw tonight when we got home.  Thank you for our house.  I am so grateful for a place that we can call our own; that both reflects our personality as a family and keeps us safe and sheltered.  Help me to never take that for granted.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Suzanne Gibbs said…
You are an amazing woman. I am so thankful to be in your life. xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!