Day 274 -- A Run for No Reason

Today, my baby work up covered in puke. 

Babies are so glamorous, aren't they?

They don't really like to have sick children at day care, so I raised the white flag of surrender and called in for a sick day. So, for the third day in a row, I had to have a sub in my classroom.  It is what it is.  This week has just been nuts.

Looking at the positives, though, I realized how great it was to just be at home for a day.  It's hard to believe that we have only been in school three weeks, but it's been long enough for me to regain my appreciation for spending time at home.  I spent all day with AJ and I got to go for a run.

The run was great, because I wasn't training, I wasn't coaching; I wasn't doing anything except for running -- just for the sake of running.  Just because I could.

It was a wonderful, liberating feeling.  I didn't care how long it took or how far I went, I just did it.  I listened to AJ sing and babble to herself.  I the wind in my hair and my heart beat in my chest and my sweat drip down my back and I was happy.

Thank God for a run for no reason!

Lord, thank you for giving me a chance to just slow down a bit today.  I'm not thankful AJ is sick, but I'm thankful it was a forced hiatus from school and the craziness of this week.  Thank you for giving me the chance to run and to experience the positive feelings it brings with no strings attached.  Please help AJ to feel better and let tomorrow go smoothly in school.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!