Day 275 -- My Superhero

After another tough day today, I managed to get home, get the kids a snack, and lock myself out of the house all within the span of about 10 minutes.

I was banging on the door to no avail.  I finally started yelling Breslin's name as loud as I could, hoping he could somehow hear my voice.

"BRESLIN!" yells crazed, demented woman outside her door.

"Yes, mommy?" says sweet little Breslin, nicely eating his snack at the kitchen table.

"CAN YOU OPEN THE DOOR FOR MOMMY?" demented woman asks loudly and desperately.

"Okay, sure, mommy."

...several seconds pass...

"ARE YOU COMING?"

"Oh, yes, mommy, I'm coming."

...Breslin's face appears; door opens slowly...

"Oh, thank you Breslin.  That was such a good boy.  Thank you for letting mommy in."

"Yeah, mom, I rescued you."

"Yes, you sure did.  I'm so thankful."

"I look like a superhero, but I'm not really a superhero."

Thank God for my superhero!

Lord, thank you for my son.  Thank you for turning what could have been a total disaster into a sweet, memorable moment.  I am so grateful for your mercy in life's most crazy and hectic times.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!