Day 279 --Grandma Combs

At my bridal shower, my mother-in-law gave me a quilt that her grandmother made.  It is a beautiful patchwork quilt that I sit with nearly every night, even in the summer.  I lovingly call this quilt "Grandma Combs" after its creator. 

It is soft and cozy, and I am quite convinced that it has the power to soothe and console.  It has the perfect texture, weight, and scent.  I cannot even count the number of times it has been cried into or has been tucked tightly around someone who wasn't feeling well.  Somehow, things just seem better when you have Grandma Combs around you.  That statement might sound weird to you, but everyone who lives in my house from oldest to youngest knows what I mean when I say it.

Thank God for Grandma Combs!

Lord, thank you for this special blanket and for the many memories it is a part of.  Thank you for its uncanny ability to comfort.  Thank you for the ladies in my life who blessed me by giving it to me and my family.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!