Day 281 -- AJ on My Lap

As I'm sitting here typing this, thinking about the gazillion and one things I have to do yet before going to bed, my little girl is sitting contentedly on my lap (she doesn't sit still a whole lot any more).  I am smelling her hair, feeling her body heat, and snuggling on her.  I missed her so much today (I didn't get home from school until 8 pm) and I am so happy that she's letting just me hold her.  She's singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and looking awfully cute in her footie jammies.  I am so thankful to be in this exact place, right now.

Thank God for AJ on my lap!

Lord, thank you for my little girl and for the physical contact we got to have tonight.  Thank you for letting me be close to her after a long day away from her.  If it is your will, I pray that you will give me more time with my kids in the upcoming days, even with the craziness of school, homecoming, and cross-country.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!