Day 282 --My Girls

Yes, I am thankful for my girls, as in, my daughters.  There's evidence of that enough in this blog, for sure.

But, tonight, I'm choosing to write about my girls, as in, my girls on the Western High School cross-country team who also help with student council.  There's a crew of them that I see an awful lot of in the fall.  Of course, I see them at practices.  This season, I have been running with them often, which is where I feel I do my very best coaching.  But, I also get a chance to bond with them and get to know them in a a new and different way.  I also see them at student council Power Play (which meets twice a week at the end of the school day) and on occasions like tonight, where we are setting up big productions.  One, I even have in class as well.  The trifecta!

Tonight I watched these girls run a tough workout in the pouring rain and then put hours into designing a set for the homecoming formal assembly tomorrow.  They were smart, funny, and innovative.  They were leaders.  They worked hard and had good attitudes.  By the time they were done, the auditorium was transformed and looked spectacular.  I was so proud to know them, coach them, and teach them.  They are my sweet, fun girls, and I am so thankful for them.  In fact, I hope that my girls (daughters) turn out like them someday.  I would be just thrilled.

Thank God for my girls!

Lord, thank you for these wonderful girls and for all of the amazing things that they accomplished tonight.  Thank you for the joy and fullness they bring to my life in so many areas.  Help me to be a blessing to them as well.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Stan said…
The girls I saw working were undeniably a great group. You are lucky to have them (...and they to have you!).

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!